Please find information below to help with your preparations for your presentation at the Conference.
The program for the conference can be found here.
Please take note of your Session ID (eg: 01A, 07C, 11F).
Submitting your Presentation
Presenters are asked to either :
- bring their presentation with them on a UBS stick, or
- upload your presentation prior to arrival.
Please make sure your file is saved as your Session ID (eg: 12B, 01A)
Speaker’s Preparation | Check-in Desk
A Speaker’s Preparation Desk will be available for Speakers needing to check in their presentation files. The desk will be staffed at the following times:
Monday 25 November : 8:00am – 3:30pm
Tuesday 26 November : 8:00am – 1:30pm
Wednesday 27 November : 8:00am – 11:00am
Before uploading your submission, please make sure the file is saved as your Session ID, and saved as either a .pptx or .ppt file.
If your browser is not compatible with the upload system please bring your presentation on a USB.
If you change your presentation and wish to upload a new version, just use the same file name as before and the system will replace your old submission.
Each of the Session rooms will be equipped with the following:
- Screen (16:9 aspect ratio)
- Presentation computer (running Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Remote presenters’ mouse
- Sound System
- Computer audio
- Wireless internet
Posters will remain on display throughout the conference (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
A dedicated poster session has been programmed for the morning tea break on Monday morning. We ask each presenter to stand besides the poster for the duration of the session.
Please include on your poster all contact details including name(s), organisation name, job title and email address(es). Bringing some extra business cards to leave at your poster is also a good idea.
Poster boards will available from 7:30am, Monday 25 November in the Conference Foyer. Presenters are able to mount their presentations from this time. All posters must be in place by 9am on Monday 25 November.
Posters can be removed at the end of lunch on Wednesday 27 November. Your poster must be removed by 2pm otherwise it will be discarded.
- Posters must be no greater than A0 (841mm wide x 1189 mm high)
- The overall poster board size is 1.8 (h) x 1.2 (w). One poster will be displayed on each side of the board. Feel free to use all the space how you see fit.
- The panels provided as back drops will be velcro compatible. The organisers can provide the necessary velcro fixers.
- Poster Presenters will need to print their poster presentation and bring it with them to the conference.
Suggestions for effective poster presentations
- An overall left to right presentation (rows), rather than a top-to-bottom (columns), facilitates smooth traffic flow past your poster.
- All printing should be presented in at least 16 point font, preferably in bold and not all capitals.
- The poster should be self-explanatory, so that you are free to answer questions and discuss the research with interested persons.
- More tips to help you prepare your poster can be found here: https://guides.nyu.edu/posters